Merus Power offers world-leading clean technology to improve power quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance. Our dynamic compensation solutions – active filters, STATCOMs, SVCs and UPQs – solve clients’ power quality problems in no time. We provide our clients with world-class products, reliable Finnish technology, agile and flexible service, tailored solutions and true co-operation. www.meruspower.fi
We are looking for M.Sc. thesis worker for R&D and digital services. You are a M.Sc. student in software engineering in the final stage of your studies. Preferably your studies include software engineering along with information and communications technology. You have a good understanding of communications and data transfer in IP networks. You understand object oriented programming, and your programming language portfolio comprises of C++, C#, other languages are a benefit. You are also familiar with database solutions.
Experience or knowledge in the following is a benefit:
- Cloud programming
- Web page programming with modern techniques (ASP.Net, Node.js, React, Angular etc.) front and back end
- Functional programming
- Linux (especially embedded) know-how
We offer you a M.Sc. thesis subject and related work among our team of motivated specialists in the world of power quality. The main targets of the work are:
- Comparing locally implemented / cloud based solutions for remote monitoring, remote control and data logging of installed power quality equipment. Choose the optimal solution for the application.
- Specifying the required hardware/software solution
- Basic implementation of the required software solution
If you are interested, send in PDF your application and CV no later than 14.4.2017, marked “M.Sc. thesis worker for R&D and digital services – application 2017” to our R&D Director Jyri Öörni at: firstname.lastname [at] meruspower.fi.
For more information, you may contact Jyri Öörni on 6.4 between 12:30-14:00 and 13.4 between 12:30-14:00 through email, or by phone: +358207354324 OR our Technical Service Manager Aki Tiira by email or phone +358207354332 on 11.4 between 12:00-15:00.